Made with Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Side Bacon, my Egg & Bacon Breakfast Cups are a quick and easy breakfast that are packed with protein to get you started on the right track for any day!
Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Side Bacon - 1 Package
Eggs - I used 9 in this recipe to make 9 Breakfast Cups
Green Onion - 1 pc cut into rings
Blue Danube Granulated Garlic
Blue Danube Sweet Hungarian Paprika Powder
Salt & Pepper
Optional: Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
2. Soften some butter at room temperature and, with a paper towel, spread a thin layer of butter onto your muffin tray to avoid sticking. You can also use a non-stick spray.
3. Open package of Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Side Bacon and line each cup in your muffin tray with one piece. Once all of your cups are lined with bacon, cut up a few pieces of Side Bacon into approx. 2 inch pieces. Line the bottom of each muffin cup with a small piece of Side Bacon. I made 9 cups using 12 pieces of Side Bacon.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Take tray out of the oven.
Use a paper towel to dab out excess oil.
6. Crack an egg into each muffin cup.
7. Spice up the egg! Add salt, pepper, Blue Danube Garlic Powder, Blue Danube Sweet Paprika Powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle each spice on top but do not mix!
8. Optional: Add mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for approx. 10 minutes. Keep an eye on your eggs and bake them until the top is fully cooked (with no runny egg) and fluffy in appearance. I normally keep mine in for an extra 2-3 minutes.
10. Remove pan from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Letting the eggs cool will make them easier to remove without breaking.
11. Sprinkle green onion on top.
12. Run a butter knife around the edges of each breakfast cup to make the cups easier to take out.
Remove from muffin mold with a spoon or the side of a knife.