My Tomato, Spinach & Bacon Flatbread Pizza is loaded with Garlic and Cheesy flavour and can be used either as an appetizer or a main course!
Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Back Bacon - 1 Package
Cherry Tomatoes (Marinated)- Approx. 10 pieces
Goat Cheese - Approx. 1/2 large loaf
Spinach - Approx. 2 large handfuls
Basil - Approx. 1 small handful
Garlic - Chopped (approx. 3 cloves)
1 Flatbread/Pizza Crust - I used 1 pizza crust for this recipe
Blue Danube Garlic Powder
Oil - I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Marinate your cherry tomatoes before getting started on the rest of your recipe. You want to let them marinade in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before adding them to the pizza.
How to Marinate Cherry Tomatoes:
1. Cut cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise. Put them into a tupperware container.
2. Drizzle a bit of Oil onto the tomatoes.
3. Add a small pinch of salt, pepper, Blue Danube Garlic Powder, onion powder, and Italian Seasoning. Mix together.
4. Put on a lid and let them sit in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 425 F.
3. Sauté the Spinach in garlic.
How to Sauté Spinach:
1. Heat up some oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add in about 2/3 of your chopped garlic.
3. Add in spinach. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the spinach begins to wilt.
4. Remove from heat.
Pro Tip: You need to start with at least double the amount of spinach that you want to have on your pizza, as the size greatly reduces when it is sautéed.
4. Spread a thin layer of Oil and the remainder of the chopped garlic onto the pizza crust/flatbread. Sprinkle a little bit of salt, pepper, onion powder, and Italian seasoning evenly onto pizza. Make sure to cover the entire pizza to the edges.
5. Cut your loaf of goat cheese into thick slices and place onto the pizza. Add as much as you would like and spread them evenly throughout the entire pizza. I used about 9 slices.
6. Put your cooked spinach onto the pizza. Spread evenly.
7. Add marinated cherry tomatoes throughout the entire pizza.
8. Bake for approx. 10 minutes.
Pro Tip: Keep an eye on your pizza starting at the 8 minute mark to make sure that it doesn’t overcook. Some ovens vary with their cooking time.
9. While the pizza is cooking, open the package of Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Back Bacon. Chop up the Back Bacon pieces into thin strips, about 1-2 inches long and 1cm wide. You can use as much Back Bacon as you would like!
10. Grab one handful of fresh Basil and chop it up into thin strips, similar to the size of the Back Bacon.
11. Take the pizza out of the oven.
12. Add Back Bacon strips on top of pizza.
Pro Tip: I always make sure I put a few strips of the Back Bacon directly onto the melted goat cheese.
13. Add fresh Basil strips on top of pizza.
14. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of pizza.