What do you get when you mix Delicious Jalapeños + Naturally Smoked Bacon + Homemade Paprika Cream Cheese? A Mouth-Watering, easy-to-make Appetizer that is the perfect addition to any meal, gathering, or event!
Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Side Bacon - 1 pkg
Blue Danube Homemade Körözött Cream Cheese - 1 small container
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
2. Wash Jalapenos. Cut them in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and white rind.
Pro Tip: For a spicier Jalapeño Popper, leave some seeds inside the pepper for extra zing! If you want a Popper on the mild side, be sure to scrape out all seeds and rind.
3. Pat Jalapeños dry. Add salt and pepper.
4. Spread Blue Danube Körözött Cream Cheese into Jalapenos.
Pro Tip: Wipe off the edges with a paper towel to clean up the appearance of the Jalepeños.
5. Cut slices of Blue Danube Naturally Smoked Bacon in half lengthwise. I find that cutting the bacon in half allows for it to cook faster in the oven to match the cook time of the Jalapeños.
6. Wrap the bacon slice around the Jalapeño Popper. In my recipe, I used one half bacon slice per Jalapeño Popper. However, if you want a more Meaty Popper, I recommend wrapping 1 half slice around the Jalapeno and then wrapping a second half piece around it as well.
Pro Tip: To ensure that the Smoked Bacon slices stay in place, use the Körözött Cream Cheese as a glue to hold it down. You can also try to tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the Jalapeño to hold into place. You can also secure Jalapeños with toothpicks if necessary.
7. Lay Jalapeños onto a baking tray with aluminum foil.
8. Cook for 20 minutes.